Friday 2 June 2006

Stumbling across the Varietta...

So yeah - somehow found myself today with an S15 Varietta in my driveway!

I've been been through a few cars in recent years trying to find a 'keeper' for a unique project.

My first couple of imports were reasonably unique, but people had 'done it all before' with them in Australia.

Started with a Mitsubishi RVR HyperGear, then swapped it for a Series 2 Stagea that I was going to go crazy on before several people already got in first with highly modded and kitted examples.


So then I grabbed a van for the family and picked up a sweet 1967 1/2 Datsun Fairlady Roadster, that was my pride and joy for a few months and had every intention of hanging on to, but fell in love with open top driving but couldnt take more than one of my kids at a time for a spin with me which was frustrating.

It was a great little classic - but just wasnt going to fit the bill as a project car.

So starting thinking about a new project - something new - like a V35 ... but figured on around a mid-2007 timeframe.

Popped in to see Anthony at Autowholesale in May, and noticed a hardtop convertible I'd never heard of before... something called a "Varietta".

Here is what it looked like in the caryard:

No comments: